Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One Week Later...

Well, I'd love to tell you that everything has changed in the week since I posted.

But that would be a lie, so I won't.

Suffice to say, life got busy in a hurry (again). Our son started back to school, which is great for the curent family project of energy conservation around the house, as we don't have a gaming system going at all during the day, or a television. I should also point out that it's bad for any hope of emissions conservation that we have ever had, as we have to drive him to and from school, as there is not a transportation system for his chosen place of education. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but the gas and car emissions (and the gas budget) has not seen much conservation all of last week.

I also wish I could tell you that, due to him being back in school, everything has been used less, but that would be another lie. Monday and Tuesday were spent putting in so much canning and cleaning time that the stove almost started to whimper when I would walk near it. I suppose I shouldn't put much stock in the gas portion of our energy bill being lower next month!

Friday, and Saturday were spent helping out at a garage sale, so there really wasn't anyone here during the day. We did turn the thermostat up to 78 when the air conditioner was on, which to be honest, wasn't that much this past week, as the weather has rarely been unbearable except for a few hours in the afternoons. So, all told, it's been a pretty enjoyable (but busy) week, with so much going on I'm not sure I've even really stopped to catch my breath yet.

Hopefully with the holiday weekend behind us, things will slow down - but I doubt it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment