Sunday, August 7, 2011

New Section - Coupons & Deals!

Please help me welcome our newest addition to the blog, Coupons & Deals!

This section will (obviously) focus on coupons and deals. Links and other news forthcoming.

One of the reasons this section was started was sometimes coupon sites, especially those listing products that you can get for sale + coupon price of almost nothing, sites that I happen to love almost more than chocolate cake (a feat that I didn't think possible), are sometimes in error about the deals that are happening around town.

Now, before all these sites with loyal supporters track down my address and show up carrying torches and pitchforks, let me say again that I love these sites. I couldn't use coupons without them. And no one ever said that they had to be perfect.

For example, take the well-known site couponmom.com. While I love couponmom.com, and rely quite heavily on her match-ups to stock my kitchen and bathrooms, there are times when what is listed on the site just isn't what's in the store. I'm not saying it's a bad thing - and the site says, point blank, that it's a guide, not a guarantee. So that's fine - it's just that she's in Georgia and I'm in Michigan, and sometimes things get lost in translation along the way.

So, to make a long story short, part of the coupons & deals section purpose will be to advertise what might be different in the stores from a website. It's not a big deal, I'm not trying to take anyone down. I'm just posting what I find, that's all.

Thanks for reading, everyone! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment